Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Michelle Moran Contest!!!!

This is my first contest and I am so excited to be hosting it. This contest is going to be for a signed copy of The Heretic Queen, which will is paperback, and a copy of Cleopatra's Daughter, which will be a hardcover. And also to one lucky winner there will be a special prize. This prize may go to a winner of one of the books or it may go to a winner all on its own. Here are the books.

In ancient Egypt, a forgotten princess must overcome her family’s past, and remake history.

The winds of change are blowing through Thebes. A devastating palace fire has killed the 18th dynasty’s royal family—all with the exception of Nefertari, niece of the reviled former queen Nefertiti. The girl’s deceased family has been branded as heretical, and no one in Egypt will speak their names. A relic of a previous reign, Nefertari is pushed aside, an unimportant princess left to run wild in the palace. But all of this changes when she is taken under the wing of pharaoh’s aunt, and brought to the Temple of Hathor where she is educated in a manner befitting a future queen.

Soon Nefertari catches the eye of the crown prince, and despite her family’s history, they fall in love and wish to marry. Yet all of Egypt opposes this union between the rising star of a new dynasty and the fading star of an old, heretical one. While political adversity sets the country on edge, Nefertari becomes the wife of Ramesses the Great. Destined to be the most powerful pharaoh in Egypt, he is also the man who must confront the most famous exodus in history.


The marriage of Marc Antony and Cleopatra is one of the greatest love stories of all time, a tale of unbridled passion with earth-shaking political consequences. Feared and hunted by the powers in Rome, the lovers choose to die by their own hands as the triumphant armies of Antony’s vengeful rival, Octavian, sweep into Egypt. Their three orphaned children are taken in chains to Rome, but only two—the ten-year-old twins Selene and Alexander—survive the journey. Delivered to the household of Octavian’s sister, the siblings cling to each other and to the hope that they will return one day to their rightful place on the throne of Egypt. As they come of age, they are buffeted by the personal ambitions of Octavian’s family and court, by the ever-present threat of slave rebellion, and by the longings and desires deep within their own hearts.

The fateful tale of Selene and Alexander is brought brilliantly to life in Cleopatra’s Daughter. Recounted in Selene’s youthful and engaging voice, it introduces a compelling cast of historical characters:

Octavia: the emperor Octavian’s kind and compassionate sister, abandoned by Marc Antony for Cleopatra
Livia: Octavian’s bitter and jealous wife
Marcellus: Octavian’s handsome, flirtatious nephew and heir-apparent
Tiberius: Livia’s sardonic son and Marcellus’s great rival for power
Juba: Octavian’s ever-watchful aide, whose honored position at court has far-reaching effects on the lives of the young Egyptian royals

Selene’s narrative is animated by the concerns of a young girl in any time and place —the possibility of finding love, the pull of friendship and family, and the pursuit of her unique interests and talents. While coping with the loss of both her family and her ancestral kingdom, Selene must find a path around the dangers of a foreign land. Her accounts of life in Rome are filled with historical details that vividly capture both the glories and horrors of the time. She dines with the empire’s most illustrious poets and politicians, witnesses the creation of the Pantheon, and navigates the colorful, crowded marketplaces of the city where Roman-style justice is meted out with merciless authority.

Based on meticulous research, Cleopatra’s Daughter is a fascinating portrait of Imperial Rome and of the people and events of this glorious and tumultuous period in human history. Emerging from the shadows of history, Selene, a young woman of irresistible charm and preternatural intelligence, will capture your heart.


This contest is going to be INTERNATIONAL. If you are interested in one particular book be sure to mention it in your comment. To be entered just leave a comment below with your e-mail and for extra entries you can do the following.....

+4 Already being a follower

+2 Becoming a new follower

+2 for each time you post on sidebar or anywhere else, leave me a link or leave your twitter username if you tweet it. Please mention my username (jmoose09) when you tweet so that i can find it.

+2 If you recommend someone to the contest. Be sure they mention you and you both will get the points

Contest will end October 3 at midnight. Central Time

The Winners will be posted on the 4.

25 comments:

Jenny said...

I would love either of these books!!

jennala @ cfl . rr . com

I am already a follower.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I'm a massive Michelle Moran fan and I would dearly love Cleopatra's Daughter, since I can't afford the hardcover version here in Aus!



+4 Already being a follower


+2 twittered this post at:
www.twitter.com/aimeefluttering

Congratulations on hosting your first contest!

Email: myflutteringheart@hotmail.com

Lahni said...

I think I've entered every single giveaway for this book and still have not managed to win it! Please enter me for either book. Oh and I tweeted about the giveaway.
nosebook.mail[at]gmail[dot]com

Eleni said...

+4 Already being a follower

Thanks!
-Eleni
lafemmereaders@yahoo.com

Diana Dang said...

I would love to read em! :)

faked_sugartone at hotmail

Flip The Page! Book Reviews said...

I loved to have ANY of these books! They both look so cool!

I am an new follower! +2

Christina
flipthepageplease@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Please enter me for The Heretic Queen. I really want to read that.

+4 Already being a follower

+2 sidebar
http://neverendingshelf.blogspot.com

neverendingshelf@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Include me:)
+2 I became a follower
-haley
harajukualice@yahoo.com

Ezzy said...

I would love to win Cleopatra's Daughter !!

+2 became a follower

itzme.insi@gmail.com

Catriona said...

I've entered so many competitions for these books :)
please enter me for either :)
+2 for becoming a follower :D!
Thank you for a great competition :) x

Jenny N. said...

Count me in. I would like to enter to win a copy of The Heretic Queen.

jen4777[at]hotmail.com

Samantha LeAnne said...

I would love to be entered for The Heretic Queen please.

+2 For becoming a follower.
+2 For posting: http://harlequintwilightsbookblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/around-blogosphere.html
+2 Tweeted (I'm @SamanthaLeAnne)

HarlequinTwilight@gmail.com

Ellz said...

Please enter me to win either one of these great books.

+2 new follower
recommended by Harlequin Twilight's blog (Samantha)

zenfoxflowerATyahooDOTcom

Sheere said...

Please enter me for both books!

+2 new follower
+2 tweeted
http://twitter.com/Sheeredry/status/4579419209

sheere.dry@gmail.com

Nina said...

Great contest. Please enter me for Cleopatra's Daughter!

+2 new follower!

nina.happyendings@yahoo.co.uk

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

+2 new follower
+2 Twitter tweet @frankiediane

Cool contest!!

The Insouciant Sophisticate said...

+2 for new follower
+1 for comment

I would take either book (or the special prize!) Great contest!

stephaniefleischer889 [at] gmail [dot] com

Staysi said...

+2 New Follower
+2 Blogged about this contest

I would take either book or special prize.

Thanks for the contest!

-Staysi

staysil7 [at] yahoo [dot] com.

http://lostininkreviews.blogspot.com/

Shawna L. said...

Shawna Lewis
weloveourdogs@juno.com

+2 I am a new follower

Shawna L. said...

Shawna Lewis
weloveourdogs@juno.com

I posted this on my blog http://booksaremoviesinthemind.blogspot.com/2009/10/httpinsidethemindjmblogspotcom200909mic.html

Shawna L. said...

Shawna Lewis
weloveourdogs@juno.com

I posted this on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/posted.php?id=1259591812&share_id=170722206210&comments=1#s170722206210

Shawna L. said...

Shawna Lewis
weloveourdogs@juno.com

I tweeted http://twitter.com/theblindcupid/status/4595092404

Shawna L. said...

Shawna Lewis
weloveourdogs@juno.com

Thanks for this amazing book giveaway & thanks for your neat book blog!!!

I think I would like to have Cleopatra's Daughter

I can't tell you how many times I have picked it up and walked around the book store with it. I really do think this book looks like a wonderful book & thanks so much for the chance to maybe WIN it!!!!

Shawna L. said...

Shawna
weloveourdogs@juno.com

I re-tweeted with jmoose09 in the tweet~http://twitter.com/theblindcupid/status/4595364523

I said above that Cleopatra's Daughter was the one I prefered but I want you to know The Heretic Queen looks good also. So I am not going to be to picky. Smiles & Good luck to one and ALL!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...