Wednesday, September 16, 2009

BBAW Reading Meme

So we were asked to answer these in as few words as possible if we are answering all of them so I will do my best, and here I go......


Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?
That all depends sometimes I do and others I dont. My favorite are cosmic brownies :)
Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you? Horrify!! I couldn't stand even writing my name in them!
How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?
Bookmark! I don't care if I don't have one available, I will tear off a scrap piece of paper or use a sticky, but NEVER DOG-EAR!
Laying the book flat open?
Im guessing this means to lay the pages down, but I only do that if I am coming right back, never for long periods of time!
Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
That depends, usually fiction, but if its about a good historical topic that catches my interest, I will read it.

Hard copy or audiobooks?
Hard Copy, I won't remember the story other wise. Im more of a visual person.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?
The end of the chapter if I can make it that far. If I am way too tired to keep going then I'll put it down.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
Not usually, I try to use context clues and if that still doesn't work and its bugging me later I'll go look it up.

What are you currently reading?
Hunted - P.C. & Kristin Cast

What is the last book you bought?
Wake & Fade by Lisa McMann. Just got them a few days ago.
Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time?
I can read more than one at a time, because my mind will pick back up on the story, but I prefer to do just one.

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?
Anytime really, but I do most of my reading before I go to bed or if I'm in the car with my parents.
Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?
Most of the time I like series books but every once in a while I find a good stand alone.

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?
Before I really, really got into it it would have been Stephenie Meyer or Lemony Snicket but now its, P.C. & Kristin Cast, Kelley Armstrong, Anna Godbersen, and so many more.

How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)
My books are very random but organized at the same time. I do not own many books right now, but the ones I have out look like this....
I also have another pile that is library books that I am reading and am going to review.
I try to keep the series' together, but from Peace, Love, and Baby ducks over to the right are the books that I plan on reading and reviewing. To the left, stopping at Breaking Dawn, are the books I own that I just want to read. I have read the Twilight books, the Little Women books(there are two one is small), the little white book, and part of the Lemony Snicket book. Ok Im starting to ramble. So there are the answers to my questions.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...