Tuesday, September 15, 2009

BBAW Interview Swap with Jules from Jules' Book Reviews

So today is the day that we do the interview swaps and my blogger that I got to interview was Jules from Jules' Book Reviews, and here is what she had to say...

1. What made you decide to start blogging and how long have you been doing it?

I started book blogging in August 2008 (August 5th to be exact). But I had other blogs before that for about three or four years, but they always fell through. My Book blog is the first blog I’ve had that I’ve kept to it. I started book blogging because I’m very I love to read, I love to talk about what I read and opinionated about what I read, and I wanted to share that love to others, so I jumped into the world of book blogging.


2. What are some of your favorite authors and is there a specific genre you prefer?

Some of my favourite authors are; Alexander Dumas, Margaret Atwood, Robert Jordan, J.R.R. Tolkien, Irène Némirvosky, Marian Keyes, Wilkie Collins, Anne Michaels, Audrey Niefffener, Victor Hugo, Ian Irving, and J.K. Rowling to name some.

My favourite genres; I like a fantasy mainly Epic/High fantasy, classics, contemporary literature or modern literature is also one I focus on a lot. And as of late I’m trying to focus on literature from different cultures.


3. What is the best book that you have read recently?

There are two books, that I’ve read recently that were absolutely fantastic, the are; Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See, and The Fifth Life of the Cat Woman by Kathleen Dexter.



4. What is the most challenging thing about blogging to you? What is the most exciting?

I wouldn’t say it is a challenging thing, but one I always have “issues” with, and that’s keeping my feeds under control, and commenting on other bloggers reviews and posts on their blogs. I read them, I save the ones I really want to make comments on, and then real life gets in the way.

My favourite part/most exciting is sharing my views on the books I read to others.

5. What are a couple books in your "To be Read" pile your most excited to get to? why?

I currently have 150 books sitting on my shelves, which are part of my “To be Read” pile (I like my books to be organized, so all my books sit on the shelves, so I can keep track of them, and keep them in good condition). And I’m looking forward to reading all of them, but here are a handful of them;

Water for Elephants by Sarah Gruen - I sat in on a book club, while doing a field placement, and though the story sounding interesting, complex and different then what I usually read.

The Vicomte de Braelonne by Alexander Dumas - I love the Three Musketeers, I can’t wait to see what happens in the next chapter of their story and Dumas is one of my favourite authors.

The Hunchback of Notre-Dame by Victor Hugo - I loved the author’s style in Les Miserables and looking forward to diving back into is amazing story telling.

The Piano Man’s Daughter by Timothy Finley, The French Lieutenants Woman by John Fowles, The Posionwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver all three have been highly recommended to be by friends who think theses books are very close to my reading taste, and I look forward to find out if they are right.


6. I noticed on your blog that you are doing many challenges. What are your favorite two and why?

One of my favourite challenges is the “A - Z Challenge” I like it because for some, like finding books where the author’s last names starts with each letter of the alphabet, can sometimes be hard, and it almost forces you to go out and beyond what your normal comfort zone may be.

The Second would be the support your local library challenge. I’m a library technician, so I loved the idea of a challenge that sent people out into their community and to use their library. Especially nowadays where libraries are threatened by the growing technological devices such as ereaders, it’s always nice to see people using the library.


Jules aka "Bookworm Jules"

That was a great interview and just want to say thanks to Jules for putting up with me, and my pestering about the questions. It was nice to get the perspective of another reader. So everyone should go on over and check out her blog and my interview with her. :)

3 comments:

Ryan said...

What a fantastic interview swap between two great bloggers.

Amanda said...

Jules, I didn't know you were a library technician!

Jules Book Reviews is one of my favorite blogs so I love love love this interview!

Anonymous said...

MG, she works in a library?!? I'm so jealous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...