Saturday, October 24, 2009

Need - Carrie Jones

Summary - Zara collects phobias the way other high school girls collect lipsticks. Little wonder, since life's been pretty rough so far. Her father left, her stepfather just died, and her mother's pretty much checked out. Now Zara's living with her grandmother in sleepy, cold Maine so that she stays & safe. Zara doesn't think she's in danger; she thinks her mother can't deal.

Wrong. Turns out that guy she sees everywhere, the one leaving trails of gold glitter, isn't a figment of her imagination. He's a pixie and not the cute, lovable kind with wings. He's the kind who has dreadful, uncontrollable needs. And he's trailing Zara.

With suspense, romance, and paranormal themes, this exciting breakout novel has all the elements to keep teens rapidly turning the pages.

(From Goodreads)

Review - Well I can definitely say that I did not get what I was expecting, in a good way! I actually really enjoyed this book. At times it was kinda predictable, but then there were others that I had no idea that it was going to happen. I never had a jaw dropping moment, but it constantly kept me guessing. This is a perfect example of my favorite kind of book! Its got romance and fantasy and everything, that to me, makes a great book. It was also hilarious! I loved Zara, she was so quirky and I constantly found myself laughing at things that she would say or do. I have read many reviews where people didn't like that the phobias were included in the book, one even said it went too far, for me I thought it was perfect! It made Zara who she was! I have nothing bad to say about this one, and if anyone asked me if they should read it, I would tell them HECK YES!!!!

Cover - 5 stars

Plot - 5 stars

Characters - 5 stars

Writing - 4 stars

Ending - 4 stars

5 comments:

Ellz said...

I don't think I have read a book yet with a pixie as one of the main characters. I am glad you liked it, I will keep this one on my wish list.
Elie (Ellz Readz)

Lenore Appelhans said...

I have this in my pile, and I recently saw the cover for the sequel!! So pretty!

Nina said...

I like the cover and the story sounds very interesting to read. Thanks for the review. :) I will put this on my tbr list.

Anonymous said...

Happy Read-a-Thon day! I hope you're still able to take part in it. Have fun today and enjoy the wonderful books you have lined up :)

Eva said...

I'm not sure if you're participating in the read-a-thon, but if you are, keep up the reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...