Thursday, October 15, 2009

Booking through Thursday (7)

btt button

We’re moving in a couple weeks (the first time since I was 9 years old), and I’ve been going through my library of 3000+ books, choosing the books that I could bear to part with and NOT have to pack to move. Which made me wonder…

When’s the last time you weeded out your library? Do you regularly keep it pared down to your reading essentials? Or does it blossom into something out of control the minute you turn your back, like a garden after a Spring rain?

Or do you simply not get rid of books? At all? (This would have described me for most of my life, by the way.)

And–when you DO weed out books from your collection (assuming that you do) …what do you do with them? Throw them away (gasp)? Donate them to a charity or used bookstore? SELL them to a used bookstore? Trade them on Paperback Book Swap or some other exchange program?


Hmm, well I dont think that I have ever gotten rid of a book in my life!! Most of my childrens books got passed down to my younger sisters, and as I got books as a teen, if I didnt have room for them they got packed up. My room isnt very big so its hard to have lots of books. Right now my window seal has books in it from the library that I plan to read and review and my dresser has books that I read before I got into reviewing and books that I own and need to review. I can say though that I dont have many books so I dont really have a reason to weed them out.

If I ever did have to weed my library I would probably just pack them up, unless it was something that i really didnt like or something that i thought I could live without. I could never see myself throwing them away though! Whether I liked them or not I could never do that. I would probably either give them away to someone I knew or to a bookstore or something like that but NEVER throw them away.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...