Monday, October 19, 2009

Alis - Naomi Rich


Summary - At fourteen, Alis has never been outside her strict religious community. But when her parents arrange for her to marry a forty-year-old man, she flees desperately to the dangerous, unfamiliar city. She learns quickly that the only way to survive there is to become a thief—or worse. Facing an impossible choice between a forced marriage or life on the streets, Alis seizes control of her own fate. But the path she chooses sets off a disastrous chain of events that leave her accused of murder. Steadfastly loyal, Alis must decide: will she betray a loved one or sacrifice herself?

(From Goodreads)


Review - This book was nothing like I thought it was gonna be, but in a good way! I honestly thought that this book was just gonna be "Amish" type girl leaves the community falls in love with the guy she cant have and they live happily ever after. Well that was not the case. Alis had to go through so much in this book, and I think that's why I enjoyed it. Also it kept me wanting more. Not like an OMG I have to keep reading, but it kept my attention so that I wanted to know what was gonna happen next. And right in the middle, the unexpected happens. You dont even know its coming unitl BAM its there. My jaw actually dropped while I was reading! That had to have been my favorite part, but other than that I found the book to be pretty calm. There were some scenes with lots of emotions but not enough for me to get all excited over. This is a book that I would recommend to others, if they had not read it. But I don't think I will see myself reading it again.

Cover - 4 stars

Plot - 4 stars

Characters - 5 stars (I love Alis through out this book! Shes amazing!)

Writing - 4 stars

Ending - 4 stars

1 comment:

Staysi said...

This book has been on my wish list for a while now, but I wasn't too sure about it. Your review was great, and it definitely makes me want to read it now! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...