Monday, August 17, 2009

Wicked Lovely - Melissa Marr

Summary -

Rule #3: Don't stare at invisible faeries.
Aislinn has always seen faeries. Powerful and dangerous, they walk hidden in the mortal world. Aislinn fears their cruelty-especially if they learn of her Sight-and wishes she were as blind to their presence as other teens.

Rule #2: Don't speak to invisible faeries.
Now faeries are stalking her. One of them, Keenan, who is equal parts terrifying and alluring, is trying to talk to her, asking questions Aislinn is afraid to answer.

Rule #1: Don't ever attract their attention.
But it's too late. Keenan is the Summer King, who has sought his queen for nine centuries. Without her, summer itself will perish. His is determined that Aislinn will become the Summer Queen at any cost-regardless of her plans or desires.

Suddenly none of the rules that have kept Aislinn safe are working anymore, and everything is on the line: her freedom; her best friend, Seth; everything.
Faery intrigue, mortal love, and the clash of ancient rules and modern expectations swirl together in Melissa Marr's stunning twenty-first-century faery tale.

Review - I have a kinda mixed opinion on this one. At first I didnt really like it. I found it kinda hard to get into, but by the time I got to the end I was starting to like it. I was not in love with it but I liked it. I didnt like how the whole thing was dragged out. It felt like they kept repeating the same things over and over again. My favorite parts were 1. the times that Aislinn and Seth spent together. I usually feel the same way as the characters in my books and I almost always got a happy vibe from those scenes. Also my other favorite sections were at the very end where all the action happens. That is usually my favorite in books. With this one I would have to say that it left me wanting more but in a kinda it fell short sort of way. One thing that I really liked about the plot was the difference in the fey. When you normally think of faeries you think things kinda like tinkerbell, well at least I do, but these are not that way. I did like the spin on that part but because of the fact that it was very dragged out it kinda fell short for me. I will definitely be reading Ink Exchange to find out what happens. It is supposed to be more of a companion novel, not really a sequel, but I am hoping that the characters from this one are still involved.

Cover - 5 stars

Plot - 3 stars

Characters - 4 stars

Writing - 4 stars

Ending - 4 stars

1 comment:

Briana said...

I still have yet to read this book. Good review! :)

-Briana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...