Monday, May 25, 2009

Masquerade by Melissa de la Cruz


Schuyler Van Alen wants an explanation for the mysterious deaths of young vampires. With her best friend, Oliver, Schuyler travels to Italy in hope of finding the one man who can helkp her --her grandfather. Meanwhile, back in New York, preparations are feverishly underway for the Four Hundred Ball, an exclusive gala hosted by the city's wealthy, powerful, and unhuman-- a true Blue Blood affair.

But it's at the after-party, a masquerade ball thrown by the cunning Mimi Force, that the real danger lurks. Hidden behind the masks is a revelation that will forever change the course of a young vampire's destiny.

Rich with glamour, attitude, and vampire lore, this second installment in the Blue Bloods saga will leave readers thirsting for more.


I will admit that when I started this series I wasn't able to get into it very well because it was always jumping around. Now that I have read this book and have started the third I understand that its all part of the suspense. Melissa does a good job at keeping you wanting more. Everytime I would finish a chapter it would leave me hanging with something and I couldnt wait to get to the chapter where it picked back up. Another thing that I really liked was that these are not exactly like your typical vampires. You are always learning something new about them that you would never see coming. The enitre book was that way. Even in the last chapter there was a twist that I would never have seen coming and it made me want to get to the next one that much sooner, thankfully it was sitting on my bookshelf. I would definatly recommend this series to anyone who asked about it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...