Sunday, May 10, 2009

Blue Bloods Review

Summary - Schuyler Van Alen has never fit in at Duchesne, her prestigious New York City private school. She prefers baggy, vintage clothes to the Prada and pearls worn by her classmates. But when she turns fifteen, Schuyler's life changes dramatically. The death of a popular schoolmate haunts her in unexpected way. And the strangest of all, Jack Force, the most popular boy in school, is showing a sudden interest in her.
Once an outcast Schuyler is thrusted into Manhattan's most exclusive social circle. Its members are the powerful, the wealthy, and - as Schuyler soon discovers - the unhuman. They are Blue Bloods, an ancient group of vampires, and for centuries they've been invincible. Now something is preying on this elite group, and Schuyler wants to find out the truth. But is she the most vulnerable of them all?


Review - At the beginning I had a hard time getting into this book becuase you are not reading from one persons perspective. One minute you see what one person is thinking and then next thing you know your in someone else's mind. You were constantly changing what was going on with different characters, which made it confusing. Also it seemed like they rambled about the same things for several chapters. Finally I got the opportunity to just sit down and read and got stuck. I could not and did not want to put it down for anything. Once I finished the book I wanted to know what was gonna happen next and I couldnt wait to read the next one, which luckily I also checked out from my library, along with Revelations. I would definitely recommend this book to other readers and I would encourage them not to give up if they came upon the same situation. The characters of this book are amazing along with the plot. When people think of vampires they all think the same thing but when Melissa describes the vampires in this story it was not what I was expecting. AMAZING BOOK!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...