Friday, July 18, 2014

Review: The Elite - By Kiera Cass

Release Date - April 24, 2012
Publisher - Harperteen
Edition - Ebook (EPub)
Pages - 272
Series - The Selection

Summary - Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s   with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.

Review - Can I just start out by saying I think this has been one of my favorite series that I have ever read. Granted I have not read many, this will definitely be in the top. The flow from one book to another is perfect. I stop one and pick up another and can't even tell that I am on to a new book, other than the covers. And can we talk about the covers for these books? I absolutely love them. That is what drew me in in the first place. The model that they got works perfectly for America. All throughout the books they talk about the different dresses that these girls wear to their different events and occasions, and the covers give you a nice idea of what they are talking about. 

Now on the the book itself. WOW! If I had to use one word to describe this book it would be WOW! There are so many things that happened in The Elite, that I never saw coming! The Selection had its moments where it was a little predictable, but let me tell you this one does not. Even all the way to the end things keep happening that you don't expect. The one time I thought I knew what was going to happen was the ending. Knowing that there was another novel coming made me wonder what was going to happen if The Elite ended the way that I thought it was going to, but right at the end, and I mean the last few pages, you get thrown another curve ball that I really didn't see coming. I cannot explain how excited I am to start The One, which is the third and final novel in the trilogy. There are though, two novellas that going along with this trilogy. The Price, which is from Maxon's perspective, and I am sure is going to be good. And The Guard, which I'm sure you have guessed is told from Aspen's point of view. Also this December, they are releasing another novella. The Queen! This was taken from her blog and makes me wonder what she has up her sleeve. 

" I get questions about a lot of the other women in America Singer's life. The maids (of course), Marlee, and (one my personal faves) Queen Amberly. It seems to be quite a mystery to most of us how such a wonderful woman could have ended up with Clarkson. But soon, you'll all know the answer! We're taking you back to the last Selection to see Amberly's story unfold in a new novella!"

Will this be the last or will they continue? I would love to read from the maids and Marlee's perspective! How do you guys feel?

Kiera Cass has done an amazing job writing these books and I can't wait to read many more things from her.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...