Friday, June 10, 2011

Demonglass - Rachel Hawkins

Release Date - March 1, 2011 
Publisher - Hyperion Books
Age Group - 12 & up
Pages - 359
Rating - 5/5


Summary - Sophie Mercer thought she was a witch.

That was the whole reason she was sent to Hex Hall, a reform school for delinquent Prodigium (aka witches, shapeshifters, and fairies). But that was before she discovered the family secret, and that her hot crush, Archer Cross, is an agent for The Eye, a group bent on wiping Prodigium off the face of the earth.

Turns out, Sophie’s a demon, one of only two in the world—the other being her father. What’s worse, she has powers that threaten the lives of everyone she loves. Which is precisely why Sophie decides she must go to London for the Removal, a dangerous procedure that will destroy her powers.

But once Sophie arrives she makes a shocking discovery. Her new friends? They’re demons too. Meaning someone is raising them in secret with creepy plans to use their powers, and probably not for good. Meanwhile, The Eye is set on hunting Sophie down, and they’re using Archer to do it. But it’s not like she has feelings for him anymore. Does she?

Review -  I am completely speechless and quite irritated at the moment! How can it just end like that? I HATE cliffhangers! Ha kidding I cannot wait for the next book!!!


Ok so let me break it all down. The cover of Demonglass is gorgeous! Im not entirely sure how her outfits and the cat tie in but non-the-less I still love it.


Plot, Plot, where do I even begin? The plot thickens. LIke from chowder to stew! Bad simile, metaphore :) I was totally shocked with where Demonglass went! I was shocked from the very beginning. I gasped throughout the book and laughed so many times. So much happened and so much changed and I loved almost every second, GAH!! I cannot stress enough how much I cant wait for book three. 


We were introduced to some new characters and got to reunite with some old. Old relationships spark back up and then we get to see some new ones form. Where they are headed I dont know but I definitely cant wait to see. Especially after the way that Demonglass ended. 


If you have read Hex Hall and havent gotten to Demonglass, get out from in front of the screen and go find yourselves a copy. If you havent read Hex Hall, well then the things I am thinking cannot be repeated. Just kidding but really you all need to get out and get yoursleves a copy of these books. In my opinion they should be on everyones "MUST READ IN YOUR LIFETIME" list. 


Cover - 5
Plot - 5
Characters - 5
Writing - 5
Ending - 5

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...