Friday, February 11, 2011

Review - Captivate by Carrie Jones

Release Date - January 5, 2010
Publisher - Bloombsbury
Age Group - Young Adult
Pages - 288 pages
Rating - 3/5

Summary - Zara and her friends thought they had solved their pixie problems… but it turns out that their problems are just starting. Now that the previous pixie king is no longer in power, other pixies are moving in to the area, looking to claim his territory and his followers. Zara and her friends are the only ones that can stop them, but they’re also means they’re in the most danger. And when Zara meets a pixie who starts to convince her that the fae might not all be as evil as she thinks, she’s going to have to come to terms with what she’s done, and who she is… and who she’s becoming.




Review - As much as I wanted to love this book, I am sad to say I didn't. Now I am not saying that I hated it cause I didn't but it wasn't a favorite.

First off I felt like there was too much going on in the plot line in
too little time. The book took place over a few days and it was all
crammed in there. I do like where the series is headed but I feel like
it could have been put into one book instead of three.

Moving onto the characters. Loved Zara. Zara and Nick on the other
hand annoyed me. I cannot pin point why but I didn't like their
relationship. I didn't feel like there was much there. They loved each
other... just because. I do however, like the other characters and the
progression they have made.

As far as Carrie's writing, I do not have any issues with other than
too much crammed in too little time and spread out in too many books.
If that makes any sense. I do like some of the detailing she puts into
her writing. It makes my visual that much better.

And the Ending. I was left wanting to know more and wish it would have kept going. Also love the new character twist thrown in. Never saw it coming but loved it! I do plan on reading and reviewing Enticed so keep your eyes peeled.

Cover - 4 stars

Plot - 3 stars

Characters - 3 stars

Writing - 4 stars

Ending - 3 stars

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...