Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Review: Firelight - Sophie Jordan




Release Date - September 7, 2010

Publisher - HarperTeen

Age Group - Young Adult

Hardcover - 323 pages

(From Goodreads)

A hidden truth.

Mortal enemies.

Doomed love.


Marked as special at an early age, Jacinda knows her every move is watched. But she longs for freedom to make her own choices. When she breaks the most sacred tenet among her kind, she nearly pays with her life. Until a beautiful stranger saves her. A stranger who was sent to hunt those like her. For Jacinda is a draki—a descendant of dragons whose greatest defense is her secret ability to shift into human form.

Forced to flee into the mortal world with her family, Jacinda struggles to adapt to her new surroundings. The only bright light is Will. Gorgeous, elusive Will who stirs her inner draki to life. Although she is irresistibly drawn to him, Jacinda knows Will's dark secret: He and his family are hunters. She should avoid him at all costs. But her inner draki is slowly slipping away—if it dies she will be left as a human forever. She'll do anything to prevent that. Even if it means getting closer to her most dangerous enemy.


Mythical powers and breathtaking romance ignite in this story of a girl who defies all expectations and whose love crosses an ancient divide.

*****Spoiler Alert*****

I loved everything about this novel. From the cover, to the characters, to the romance. I loved how action packed it was but had its super romantic moments. I had a very hard time putting this one down and when I was at work I would tell everyone around about it and how I needed to know what was gonna happen next.

I love the characters and all the relationships between the characters. When I started reading Firelight I had no idea it would take the turn that it did.

When Will walked into the school and Jacinda could sense him, my mouth dropped and I gasped. The book did that to me many, many times. If I could use two words to describe this novel they would be gripping and jaw-dropping.

Thats also how the ending left me. I had to know what was gonna happen next and I was sad that I had to put it down.

I would recommend it to many people, and in fact have. The people that I work with and have told, now want to read it so head on out and get yourself a copy because this one is a MUST - READ!!!!

Cover - 5 stars

Plot - 5 stars

Chracters - 5 stars

Ending - 5 stars

1 comment:

Mavie said...

I've been seeing this one around and the whole concept of draki seems really interesting. Great review!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...