Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Envy - Anna Godbersen

Summary - Jealous whispers. Old rivalries. New betrayals.

Two months after Elizabeth Holland's dramatic homecoming, Manhattan eagerly awaits her return to the pinnacle of society. However, when she refuses to rejoin her sister Diana's side, those watching New York's favorite family begin to whisper that all is not as it seems behind the stately doors of No. 17 Gramercy Park.

In this thrilling installment of Anna Godbersen's bestselling Luxe series, Manhattan's most envied residents appear to have everything they desire: Wealth. Beauty. Happiness. But sometimes the most practiced smiles hide the most scandalous secrets. . . .


Review - I have to admit that I find it more difficult to review books in a series. I always wanna talk about what happened and find it difficult without giving away spoilers. So I will try to do my best. I thought that Envy was just as amazing as the other two. I now find though, that the first was obviously the starting off point, or the introduction to everything that was going on. The second was where the drama of the story started to take off. And now with the third, it continues but gets "thicker" so to speak. Everything that has been going on just got twenty times worse. Everything that happened in this book I never saw coming and I think that is why I liked this one the best. I love the turn that the characters have taken and I am curious to see what path they take in Splendor. I think my biggest shock is what Diana does at the end of this one. I won't give it away for those of you who haven't read it, but for those of you who have, you know what I am talking about. If you read the first one or two and weren't sure whether or not you should read this one.... well I am here to tell you that you absolutely should!!! I can't wait to find out what happens next!

Cover - 4

Plot - 4

Characters - 4

Writing - 4

Ending - 5

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...