Sunday, July 26, 2009

Review - Rumors - Anna Godbersen


Summary - After bidding good-bye to New York's brightest star, Elizabeth Holland, rumors continue to fly about her untimely demise.
All eyes are on those closest to the dearly departed: her mischievous sister, Diana, now the family's only hope for redemption; New York's most notorious cad, Henry Schoonmaker, the flame Elizabeth never extinguished; the seductive Penelope Hayes, poised to claim all that her best friend left behind - including Henry; even Elizabeth's scheming former maid, Lina Broud, who discovers that while money matters and breeding counts, gossip is the new currency.
As old friends become rivals, Manhattan's most dazzling socialites find their futures threatened by whispers from the past. In this delicious sequal to The Luxe, nothing is more dangerous than a scandal.... or more precious than a secret.


Review - Rumors was so much more than I ever expected it to be. The story was absolutely amazing. It kpet me wanting more and threw me a curveball right at the end. I absolutely hate Penelope now! She is such an evil *#@&! I couldn't believe all the things that she did! Now I can't wait to read Envy to see what Di and Elizabeth do to her. I really hope she gets whats coming to her! Also Lina, or excuse me Carolina, most of it is all her fault cause she is so greedy and wants everyone to like her so much she doesnt care who's life she ruins. I couldnt imagine living as Diana or Elizabeth with all of the things that they have both had to put up with. I do have to say that I love Anna Godbersen's writing style. She puts so much into her stories. Sometimes there are things I dont quite understand but overall its amazing.

Cover - 4 Stars

Plot - 5 Stars

Characters - 3 Stars

Writing - 4 Stars

Ending - 5 Stars - Deffinitely gives it that OMG factor!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...