Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The fortunes of Indigo Skye - Review

Its been awhile since Ive been able to get on and I have alot of Reviews to post so here goes.


Summary - Eighteen-year-old Indigo Skye feels lke she has it all - a waitress job she loves, an adorable refrigerator -delivery- guy boyfriend, and a home life thats slightly crazy but rich with love. Until a mysterious man at the restaurant leaves her a 2.5 million dollar tip and her life as she knows is transformed.

At first its amazing : a hot new car, an enormous flat-screen t.v., and presents for everyone she cares about. Indigo laughs off the warning that money changes poeple, because she knows it wont happen to her. Until the day she looks around and realizes everything important is slipping away and no amount of money can buy it all back.....



Review - The fortunes of Indigo Skye ..... Im not sure of how to write this one. The meaning behind the story was good and the book was written well but I had a hard time reading it. I would read it a couple pages, put it down and wasnt too anxious to pick it back up. I didnt feel there was enough "action" persay for my taste. Im a more fantasy, thriller, keep you wanting more kind of person and Indigo's fortunes just didnt do that. Dont get me wrong, the moral of the story was good, it just wasnt something I would read again. Overall the book was good just didnt make me wanting more when I put it down.
I do plan to read more from Deb Caletti though.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...