Friday, May 28, 2010

Booking Through Thursday (January)

January 7 -


Barbara wants to know:

What books did you get for Christmas (or whichever holiday you may have celebrated last month)?

Do you usually ask for books on gift-giving occasions or do you prefer to buy them yourself?



I actuall received one book for Christmas and that was This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen.

Sometimes if there is a book that I really really want and there is a gifting holiday coming up I might ask for it or hint at it but most of the time I buy books myself.

January 14 -


Suggested by Prairie Progressive:

Do you read the inside flaps that describe a book before or while reading it?


I read the inside flap before I read a book that way I can get a feel for whether I think I would like the book or not. In my opinion why read a book if I am not going to enjoy it. I am not saying that every book I read I enjoy because that is not the case. There have been many that I got and thought I would really like. Then after finishing it I find myself relieved that it is done becuase I was not enjoying it.

January 21 -

Who’s your favorite author that other people are NOT reading? The one you want to evangelize for, the one you would run popularity campaigns for? The author that, so far as you’re concerned, everyone should be reading–but that nobody seems to have heard of. You know, not JK Rowling, not Jane Austen, not Hemingway–everybody’s heard of them. The author that you think should be that famous and can’t understand why they’re not…

I honestly do not think I have an author that I like that others are not reading at the moment. There are many many amazing authors out there and I think people are starting to discover them as I have.


January 28 -

Jackie says, “I love books with complicated plots and unexpected endings. What is your favourite book with a fantastic twist at the end?”

So, today’s question is in two parts.

1. Do YOU like books with complicated plots and unexpected endings?


Absolutely. Those are usually my favorites. When I read a book like that I usually go running around the house and find the first person I can to gush to, even though they usually have no idea what I am talking about.

2. What book with a surprise ending is your favorite? Or your least favorite?

The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...