Friday, May 28, 2010

Booking Through Thursday (December)

December 17 -


Suggested by Barbara H:

What do you think of speed-reading? Is it a good way to get through a lot of books, or does the speed-reader miss depth and nuance? Do you speed-read? Is some material better suited to speed-reading than others?


I think speed reading can be good but ultimately depends on a persons preference. I do think that it can be a good way to get through many books but at the same time I think that if you are not a good speed reader and you are more skimming than anything you can miss some important meanings behind things. I do speed read sometimes but it depends on my mood and what it is that I am reading.


December 24 -

Given the choice, which do you prefer? Real history? Or historical fiction? (Assume, for the purposes of this discussion that they are equally well-written and engaging.)

I actually do not have a preference. I love to read about history, mainly the wars and egyptians and things like that, but at the same time I love reading historical fiction books. I like reading from a different period and putting myself into that period. I do say that I tend to read historical fiction more that real history but I dont really think that I have a preference on the matter.

December 31 -

It’s the last day of the year, and you know what that means … nostalgia and looking back.

What were your favorite books of the year? (Books that were new to you in 2009, if not necessarily published this year.)


I had quite a few in 2009. The Blue Bloods Series, I thought was absolutely amazing. The Luxe Series by Anna Godbersen. The House of Night series by the amazing Cast Duo. The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong was probably my favorite over all of them but not by much. They were all about equal. Need by Carrie Jones as also a favorite read from 2009.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...