Sunday, September 11, 2016

Review: The Casquette Girls - Alys Arden

 
Release Date -October 31, 2013
Publisher - fortheARTofit
Edition - Paperback
Pages - 512
Series - The Casquette Girls


Summary - After the Storm of the Century rips apart New Orleans, Adele Le Moyne and her father are among the first to return to the city following the mandatory evacuation. Adele wants nothing more than for life to return to normal, but with the silent city resembling a mold-infested war zone, a parish-wide curfew, and mysterious new faces lurking in the abandoned French Quarter, normal will have to be redefined.

Events too unnatural – even for New Orleans – lead Adele to an attic that has been sealed for three hundred years, and the chaos she unleashes threatens not only her life but everyone she knows. Mother Nature couldn’t drain the joie de vivre from the Big Easy, but someone or something is draining life from its residents.

Caught suddenly in a hurricane of eighteenth-century myths and monsters, Adele must quickly untangle a web of magic that links the climbing murder rate back to her own ancestors. But who can you trust in a city where everyone has a secret, and where keeping them can be a matter of life and death – unless, that is, you’re immortal.



Review - New Orleans, Vampires, Witches, Family Secrets, and a Love Triangle...... Can you get any better than that?

We start off meeting Adele. She was taken away from her home she loves so much in New Orleans and is sent off to a country she knows nothing of to a mother she knows nothing of other than her taking off while Adele was a child. I have never been to New Orleans but I have always been drawn to it for some reason. I have always thought it was fascinating and beautiful and want to visit sometime. My love for New Orleans, even though I have never been, I felt helped me connect with Adele and her love for the city. I instantly bonded with her character and fell in love with the story right away. This was a longer book but was really hard to put down. I was constantly finding a reason to sit down and read just a little bit more because I needed to know what was going to happen.

There were so many things that happen and you think you know why and them BAM surprise you don't. So many things are brought to light and the whole story slowly comes together. I thought Alys did an amazing job writing this! It was long but it didnt feel long. It was perfect for giving you all the details that you needed. This book also had one of those aspects that I love. Flip flopping back and forth from present day to the past. I love being in two different time frames but the story all wraps together so well, and this one definitely did just that. There were a few things that were danced around and you still at the end never find out what those details are. I cannot wait to read the next in the series. I got this one from the library and when I finished I checked to see if they had book two and they don't. So it looks like I may be ordering me a copy. It is that good. I want to add it to the every growing collection of books collecting dust that my husband hates. LOL Unfortunately he is not a reader and doesn't understand my love of escaping into an amazing book and forgetting about reality for a while.


Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed this review and look forward to more things to come.
  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...