Monday, February 14, 2011

Review: Mad Love - Suzanne Selfors

Release Date - January 4, 2011
Publisher - Walker Books for Young Readers
Age Group - Young Adult
Hardcover - 336 pages
Rating - 4/5

When you're the daughter of the bestselling Queen of Romance, life should be pretty good. But 16-year-old Alice Amorous has been living a lie ever since her mother was secretly hospitalized for mental illness. After putting on a brave front for months, time is running out. The next book is overdue, and the Queen can't write it. Alice needs a story for her mother—and she needs one fast.
That's when she meets Errol, a strange boy who claims to be Cupid, who insists that Alice write about the greatest love story in history: his tragic relationship with Psyche. As Alice begins to hear Errol's voice in her head and see things she can't explain, she must face the truth—that she's either inherited her mother's madness, or Errol is for real.

Review - Let me just start off by saying I have not read any of Suzanne's other novels, although I have wanted to. And now after finishing Mad Love, I can say I really want to read her others.

Im usually not into the chick-lit kind of book but something about this one had me hooked! When I started I thought I wasnt going to like it and it was pretty slow. But do not let that fool you. This nocel gets SO much better!

So your introduced to Alice, daughter of "The Queen of Romance" novels.  But her life isnt perdect, in fact it is far from perfect. Her mother is mentally ill and she is left to take care of things at home. One of those cases is being, going to her mothers book signing. The event that changes everything for Alice.

Enter, Errol, aka Cupid. He wants his story to be wrote and he wants Alice to do it , but she is refusing. Errol takes Alice on a life changing adventure. But along the way it is not only her life that is being changed.

Along the way Alice has to deal with pain in the butt Realm, who wants to prove herself but goes about it in the wrong manner.

I love this book and everything about it. The plot was AMAZING! It made me laugh, it made my heart ache, it made me wanna cry. The characters, at times I  loved them all, at others I wanted to slap a few into reality! Ms. Selfors' writing kept me hooked until the very end. I didnt want to put it down! For ANYTHING! And the ending was very well written to wrap everything up. It was everything that I wanted it to be.

I think I can say Suzanne Selfors is now one of my favorite authors and I would and will recommend this novel to many people!

Amazing, enthralling, and a MUST - READ!!

Cover - 4 stars

Plot - 5 stars

Characters - 5 stars

Writing - 5 stars

Ending - 5 stars

 Other places to find Suzanne

Website

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...