Monday, February 14, 2011

Author Interview : Suzanne Selfors

Suzanne Selfors

Website

Teen Titles

Mad Love | Coffee House Angel | Saving Juliet

________________________

Today I have the pleasure of interviewing Suzanne Selfors about her writing and about her recent novel that I reviewed, Mad Love, which I recommend you guys get out and read. Here is what she had to say!



1. If you had to describe Mad Love in three words, what would you use?

Girl meets Cupid

2. Why choose Cupid? What initially made you want to write thew story?

I love Greek and Roman mythology. In my book, Coffeehouse Angel, I reimagined Hermes, the messenger for the gods. I knew that I wanted to do something with Cupid. And so I turned him into an eternal teen who may or may not be facing the end of his existence. And he's got a love story to tell.

3. What essentials did you need for writing Mad Love?

Not sure I understand this question. If you mean, what elements are part of my writing routine, I'd say that I almost always write in a coffeehouse, I usually drink a latte while writing, and I write directly onto my laptop, rarely do I write longhand.

4. What was the hardest part about writing Mad Love? Or was there one?

Revision is always the hardest part. I got rid of a couple of characters. I got rid of some time-traveling stuff I had in the first draft. It can be a rough process.

5. What can we expect from you next? Or do you know right now?
I'm working on my next teen novel, which will publish in 2012. I'm not going to reveal the plot just yet but it's a fairy tale complete with a prince, a farmboy and a peasant girl. It's very romantic.



Well there you have it guys. Not a lot but I thought it was very interesting to know a little behind the book and the process. And from the tid bit she gave us about whats next and from what I now know of her writing, I am very excited.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...