Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Review - Sweet Potato Queens' Book of Love (Audio Cassette)

To know the Sweet Potato Queens is to love them, and if you haven't heard about them yet, you will. Since the early 1980s, this group of belles gone bad has been the toast of Jackson, Mississippi, with their glorious annual appearance in the St. Patrick's Day parade. In The Sweet Potato Queens' Book of Love, their royal ringleader, Jill Conner Browne, introduces the Queens to the world with this sly, hilarious manifesto about love, life, men, and the importance of being prepared. Chapters include:
The True Magic Words Guaranteed to Get Any Man to Do Your Bidding
The Five Men You Must Have in Your Life at All Times
Men Who May Need Killing, Quite Frankly
What to Eat When Tragedy Strikes, or Just for Entertainment

And, of course:
The Best Advice Ever Given in the Entire History of the World

From tales of the infamous Sweet Potato Queens' Promise to the joys of Chocolate Stuff and Fat Mama's Knock You Naked Margaritas, this irreverent, shamelessly funny book is the gen-u-wine article.

Visit the Sweet potato Queens Web site at www.sweetpotatoqueens.com


(Taken from Goodreads)

Review - I loved this book!!!! This isn't something I would normally pick up but my sister-in-law suggested it to me to listen to at work. It was a hilarious book and it is great to listen to because the woman who wrote it is southern and well the book is written exactly how it is spoke. Its sometimes serious, but for the most part HILARIOUS! I dont know how many times I busted out laughing. I would suggest this to ANY woman, its too funny! I know i have said that a lot but I can't stress enough how funny it is.

Cover - 5 stars
Plot - (There really isnt one but) 5 stars 
Characters - 5 stars
Writing - 5 stars
Ending - 4 stars 


 

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I <3 all the SPQ books!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...