Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Review - Along for the Ride - Sara Dessen (Audio Book)

It’s been so long since Auden slept at night. Ever since her parents’ divorce—or since the fighting started. Now she has the chance to spend a carefree summer with her dad and his new family in the charming beach town where they live.

A job in a clothes boutique introduces Auden to the world of girls: their talk, their friendship, their crushes. She missed out on all that, too busy being the perfect daughter to her demanding mother. Then she meets Eli, an intriguing loner and a fellow insomniac who becomes her guide to the nocturnal world of the town. Together they embark on parallel quests: for Auden, to experience the carefree teenage life she’s been denied; for Eli, to come to terms with the guilt he feels for the death of a friend.


(Description taken from Goodreads) 


Review- This book I would say would be for those who enjoy a light read. There wasn't any suspense or mystery. It was a great chick-lit novel. Personally I don't think it is something that I would read again but only because I am not much of a check-lit reader. 
I listened to this at work and I have to say I found myself at times laughing my butt off. And other times just enjoying the fact that there was not a lot of detail to be distracted with. If I was reading it I think I would not have been able to finish it. I know I would have put it down but I did enjoy listening to it. 
My sister-in-law bought me This Lullaby for Christmas last year and I do plan to read it, and honestly I think I might end up reading all of her others. I would recommend this for chick-lit lovers.

Cover - 3 stars
Plot - 3 stars
Characters - 4 stars
Writing - 4 stars
Ending - 4 stars

3 comments:

Rebecca-Books said...

I first started reading The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen and it's true, you read her once and you just kind of have to read the others of hers. :)

Siren in Distress said...

oh super agree with you. i love this book even though its give me a week to finished this. its a slow read but for me, but after few pages, no scratch that, after more than few pages you'll find yourself enjoying it. :)

Faye( Ramblings of a Teenage Bookworm) said...

<3 Sarah's books! I need to catch up on them though lol :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...